What it is:
A certificate of good standing is an official document issued by the Companies House in the UK. This document shows that the company has been in continuous and unbroken existence since its incorporation.
Frequently used for:
A certificate of good standing will be required even if your company is based entirely in the UK. You can use it to perform the following tasks:
- When you wish to set up a new business bank account
- When seeking a loan. Some lenders will insist on it
- When seeking an investor or partner
- When opening an overseas business bank account for a UK limited company
- When opening an overseas branch.
- When you wish to demonstrate the company’s certification while working with new suppliers or clients
- When signing contracts with foreign corporations
- If you’re a doctor who wants to practice medicine in other countries
Original or copy:
You can use the original or certified copies for the apostille service
- The certificate is ordered from the UK Companies Registrar
- FCDO can only legalise documents certified by the registrar of the Companies House
You can request a replacement from the Companies House; please inquire ahead of time.
How much does it cost?
Standard apostille service for a certificate of good standing (already certified) starts from £120. (includes FCDO fees, our fees & VAT).
If you require solicitor certification the cost is £150 (including solicitor fees, FCDO fees, our fees & VAT).
However, our apostille services will vary depending on the services you select, such as:
- Same-day service
- Whether you require a notary
- Whether you will require embassy attestation
- The delivery mode you have selected.
The cost of the apostille service will also depend on how many company documents you wish to have apostilled.
How to order:
A straightforward apostille for a UK certificate of good standing can be ordered online. You can choose additional options on the order page. If you are unsure, please call our office and speak to one of our experts.